Buyer's GuideThe homefinding process typically includes many of the
following elements. For additional information, or to get started, please
- Determine your needs and priorities
- Review "agency" choices and select
appropriate working relationship
- Discuss financing options
- Find a mortgage company
- Consult with a loan officer
- Complete loan application
- Obtain loan pre-approval
- Provide requested documentation
|Finding the Right Home
- Sales associate to show you properties based
on your criteria
- Evaluate each property with sales associate
- Choose the right home
|Preparing an Offer
- Review comparable sales to determine offer
- Review progress of loan pre-approval; decide
- Decide on other terms (inspections, possession
date, personal property, etc.)
- Prepare earnest money deposit
|Reaching an Agreement with a
- Present your offer
- Negotiation of terms and possible
- Agreed-upon sales contract with seller
|Completing the Settlement
- Deposit of earnest money
- Review seller's property disclosures
- Review preliminary title report
- Roof, termite and other inspections
- Remove any remaining contingencies
- Arrange for homeowners insurance
- Arrange for home warranty
- Arrange for movers
- Final walk-through of property with sales
- Provide balance of down payment and closing
- Sign Documents
- Loan Funding
- Property appraisal
- Loan processing
- Final loan approval
- Recording of title
- Receive keys from sales associate
- Move in!
We understand that buying a home is a major decision for you that can be
filled with concerns. Our task is to help you find a home that meets your needs
and to make the homebuying process efficient, stress-free and successful. As
your Prudential Ambassador Real Estate professional, our goal is to help you
find the right home.
with you in a timely and efficient manner. Plan a home search based on your
- Consult with you to discover your needs,
interests and concerns and discuss buyer, seller and dual agency alternatives.
you to properties and neighborhoods that meet your requirements based upon our
- Pre-select properties that match your criteria
and pre-schedule showing appointments.
- Network to gain information about properties
that may not yet have reached the open market.
- Provide sources of information on questions of
interest to you, such as schools, neighborhoods and transportation.
- Prepare a preliminary estimate of the costs
associated with buying a property.
obtain the financing you may need for a home purchase.
- Provide you with the information on becoming
pre-qualified or pre-approved for a mortgage.
- Help you find a reliable financial
preparing a purchase offer on the property of your choice.
- Review information on sales of comparable
homes to help you decide on the price and financing terms that you want to
- Review with you the seller's written
- Provide you with advice and information on
other terms for you to consider, such as possession date and personal property.
- Recommend that you obtain professional home,
termite or other inspections. I will review the inspection reports with you.
- Where appropriate, recommend that the purchase
be contingent on a professional appraisal of value.
- Explain to you the option of a home warranty,
which can reduce your liability.
you in the transaction with the seller.
- Present your offer to the seller, through
their real estate professional.
- Negotiate in your best interests to reach an
agreement that is acceptable to you.
protect your interests during the completion of the transaction.
- Review with you the preliminary title report
and other documents pertaining to the condition and status of the property.
- Work with the seller's broker, the lender and
others to see that all requirements of the purchase agreement are satisfied and
to help keep the transaction on schedule.
- Keep you informed of the progress of the
- Accompany you on a walk-through of the
property before closing and assist you in managing any problems discovered.
- Follow up on a any remaining details after the
close of the sale, and provide you with information on additional services that
you may need.